Friday, December 30, 2011

It's a new day...

Here I sit at 35 years old, at my heaviest weight ever. I've successfully lost weight a few times-even to the point that I ran a full marathon 5 years ago. Crossing that finish line, I never thought I'd be sitting here today. I thought I had this beat.

It's hard for me to not feel like a complete failure, which sucks, because in so many areas of my life I am successful.

So, here I sit, again, preparing to make new years resolutions, again, and building the detminiation to make this the last time that I set out on this journey.

There are so many reasons that I want to do this:
I want to be fit.
I want to be healthy.
I want to be able to run and sweat and achieve fitness goals.
I want to have more confidence and feel like I am presenting my best self. I don't want to hide behind my weight.
I want to be a good role model for my daughter.
I want to wear cute clothes.

I'm building goals and "action steps" to help me get to my goals, and I'll be blogging my progress along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment